I've been eyeing this new Animal Outing set that you will be able to order June 1st!
I decided that the giraffe should be eating out of a tree.
So here is what I designed.
Don't miss the rhinestones in the tree for a little "pop".
Here are the steps to make this card.
I did not get the pictures and words exactly all in the right order, but I think that you will be able to figure it out!
Making this card goes more quickly than you might think.
I like one of the tree limbs going right into the giraffe's mouth so I decided to use the Stamparatus. And now that the Stamparatus has the two stamps positioned, I'll go ahead and stamp several of these cards.
- Position the giraffe in the Stamparatus and ink the giraffe with Memento Black.
- Mask the Giraffe.
- Position the tree on the second plate of the Stamparatus and ink it in Soft Suede ink. Stamp. You want to position the tree so that one of the limbs is actually in the giraffe's mouth. That's why you are using the Stamparatus!
- With the giraffe still masked, sponge in some Soft Sky clouds.
- Ink the leaves in the new Call Me Clover green color. Stamp it off once and then stamp it onto the tree branches. I did not use the Stamparatus to stamp the leaves.
- After you have stamped the leaves, thump the leaf stamp with Lemon Lime Twist marker and stamp it over the green leaves so that you can get a second color of green on the tree.
- Use the grass stamp from Sheltering Tree, stamped in Call Me Clover, on the bottom of the card. Stamp one up high enough so that it will show above the fence.
- Pull off the mask and place the reverse mask over the giraffe. Sponge him in with Crumb Cake ink and a Sponge Daubber.
- Use a Blender Pen to color in the giraffe's spots with Cajun Craze ink.
- Use the Classic Label Punch to punch out 8 Soft Suede fence posts.
- Place a tiny bit of removable adhesive on the back of the card so that it will stay in place.
- Place the first fence post in front of the giraffe's neck. PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE THE BOTTOM OF THE FENCE POST LANDS ON THE GRID PAPER. YOU WILL EYEBALL THE DISTANCE IN BETWEEN THE FENCE POSTS. HOWEVER YOU CAN QUICKLY ADD THE FENCE PIECES BY KEEPING THEM LINED UP AT THE BOTTOM ON THE GRID PAPER.
- Once you place all of the fence posts onto the card, use a cutter to trim off the extra fence post that is sticking off of the card.
- Place two 1/4"x 3 3/4" Soft Suede cross bars on the fence.
- Add the greeting of your choice onto the 2 1/4"X 7/8" white piece of c/s. Cut a "V" at the right side of the greeting.
- I stamped the greeting from Animal Outing in the new in color called Grapefruit Grove.
- I added five rhinestones in the tree for some "pop"!
I've listed all of the products that you will want to have on hand in order to make this card.
Animal Outing Stamp Set (146600) will be available June 1, 2018!
The new In Color Stamp Pads will be available for customers on May 1st!
The Grapefruit Grove and Call Me Clover Classic Pads (147142) are two of the new in colors.
Please add the April Host Code to your Order.
The April Host Code is 6BBQD249.
Please add this Host Code to the box that says "HOST CODE" to any order with a subtotal of less than $150.
Thank you for stopping by.
Please e-mail me if you have any questions or feedback.
Thank you for stopping by.
Please e-mail me if you have any questions or feedback