You can make 5 designs and 18 cards out of one package of Pink Flamingo Designer Papers.
Here's another design from the Pink Flamingo package
Click here to get the instructions for folding the inside box.
I suggest that you print out the instructions for making the lid to the box and then follow the pictures that I am adding below. It will make it much easier to do.
Download Wow Box Instructions for the outer part of the box.
- After you score the chipboard and the paper for the inside of the box, you will adhere the inside center portion first and it will look like this:
- Next you add adhesive to one end and fold the box lid exactly like it will look when it is finished. If you lay it flat to add the adhesive, it will bow and bulge when you try to fold it over.
- After both of the inside ends have been adhered then you are ready to work on the outside of the box.
- I like to start with the outside end that will be showing as the top of the box. Hang it over the edge of a table.
- Add adhesive to the card board that is on the table.
- Then take the Designer Paper that will be the top and adhere it. This outside Designer Paper piece HAS NOT BEEN SCORED.
- After the paper has been adhered, fold the paper over the edge of the table and you will get a perfect fold without having pre-scored the paper.
- Lift up the paper and add adhesive to the center section. Fold the paper over the second scored card board line to get another perfect fold line without having pre-scored.
- Now turn the box around and put the other end (the bottom of the box lid) over the table. Add adhesive and smooth down the paper.
- You'll need to trim the two ends of the outside lid about 1/8" on each end because the paper and the card board and paper will probably not line up evenly.
- Keep the box folded. Don't ever lay it flat to add the paper. The paper will bubble and look awful if you try to add it while the card board is laying flat on the table.
- I added two strips of Sticky Strip to the bottom of the inside box and two more strips to the back of the box in order to fasten it to the outside lid.
- Make sure that when you add the jumbo brads, you have the pretty top of the brads showing on both the top and the bottom brads.
The pink paper behind the daisies is the back of the blue design of the Pink Flamingo paper that you see below. I also texturized the 4"x 4" white card stock. It adds a lot of class to the card.
These cards will fit into the box. If you want envelopes to match, then you have to use the #111882 Fresh Cut Note Cards with envelopes. You cover up the pre-cut design in the notes so it really is a waste of the card. But it is the only way to get an envelope to match unless you want to make one yourself by cutting down a medium size envelope.
Would you rather come to class on May 11th and make the box with me?!!
This class will be held in my craft room in Duarte CA 91010.
I still have the supplies for three more people to join us!
You may come to either the afternoon or evening class.
1:00-3:00 p.m. or 6:30-8:30 p.m.
E-mail me to see if the places are still available.
If they are, you can pay by Pay Pal below.
Thank you for stopping by.
Please e-mail me if you have any questions or feedback